Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Gear

Thanks to the wife, I now have this little contraption!
It's a Sea-to-Summit kayak cart which I can now use to haul my kayak to the water. 


My 54lb. Kayak
Carolina 14.0 Airalite

Previously, I used brute force strength to haul this 54lb. kayak around. Fortunately, I don't kayak all that often because this kayak has tried to kill me on several occasions. Most of the issues I had before was lifting the freaking kayak up on top of my SUV to my Yakima rails which behaved like "ice" to the bottom of the boat. Until the Winter Challenge(WC), I've only had to haul the boat about 10-15ft. to the waters edge. At the WC in 2009, I had to lug the boat about 1/4 of a mile to the lake. This SUCKED. I vowed never to do it again. Now I don't have to. I can't wait to use this.

No comments:

Post a Comment