Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's Go Time

Earlier in the week I made my stop at REI to pick up some essentials for the race on Sat. Tube, CO2 cartridges, an some fuel from honey stinger. I love REI. The energy food market has exploded in the past several years. It's almost mind boggling with the amount of product to choose from. GU is usually my go to choice, but Honey Stinger has some great options as well. I decided to try their energy gel for the Winter Challenge.


As usual, I left everything to the 11th hour to get ready. I found myself packing up the TDI late on Thursday night. Did I remember everything, YES. Was it organized, NO. Nevertheless, I drove down to Springfield after work on Friday.



Before leaving the office, I checked the weather one last time. Rain for camping on Friday night and windy on race day, huh? More on that in my next post.


I've already posted my photos to Facebook, so go check those out. I'll post the full race report on Monday, but here's a teaser. Did I meet my goal of 3 hours? Almost. Unofficially, I crossed the line in 3hrs 12min.

No comments:

Post a Comment